Sunday, December 02, 2007

Malakwa

There was a big storm in the forecast for Sunday so we again opted for a day trip to The Gorge. We drove up to Salmon Arm on Saturday evening, stayed at Fred's, and had dinner at an excellent Thai restaurant right across the street. I like Salmon Arm. It's got a nice small town feel.

On Sunday we made a few runs at km 17 and did a bit of exploring. I tried to shoot some video but with the heavy snow there wasn't much light and the aging digital camera that I use just wasn't up to the task. I'd like to upgrade to a real video camera one day but then I'd need to upgrade my computer to edit the video. Then I'd want to get some decent video editing software. Then I'd need...urk. It's a slippery slope.

Here's Fred doing what he does best.



At the end of the day we came across this rascal who had just cut down a small tree to take home for Christmas.



We talked with him for a while but he was reluctant to show us his face. When we asked if he had a tree cutting permit he quickly skied off. I snapped a photo of him as he sped away. He seemed like a nice guy so I've blocked out his face so as not to reveal his identity. I think he was Norwegian...

2 comments:

  1. I think I can help to find the Norwegian. I'm sure I've seen his face somewhere....yes...I think its Andgram Parkler who used to live in Montreal. Slippery customer though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete