Monday, September 24, 2007

The Bike to Work

I haven't had much trip report material lately. Strangely I find myself visiting stores with daft names like "The Urban Barn" (barf!) and checking out websites like hammerzone.com ("Better Living Through Handymanlyness!").

I guess buying a house will do that. Thank goodness the ski season hasn't started.

In the interim this is a post about a trip that I make every day -- my daily bicycle commute to work.

The idea for this came about because I realized that I was starting to view the ride as a major hurdle in my day -- something to be overcome and endured -- rather than appreciating the fact that I could ride to work at all. Not needing a motorized vehicle to get to work every day is really important to me. Weather, health and a host of other reasons could take that option away instantly.

Sometimes I need to make myself slow down and smell the proverbial roses.

So one day last week I brought my camera along. I rode slowly with my head up looking around at the sights rather than with my head down pedaling as fast as I could. Here's my ride and some of the sights along the way. You can click the icons to see the photos and click on the photos to see bigger versions.


View Larger Map

1 comment:

  1. Green with envy, it may be routine but I would trade a cat for a commute to work...okay maybe not, but driving on I95 every day....thanks for lettting me live vicariously... no photos though?

    ReplyDelete